Health Benefits of CBD
Learn more about, the health benefits of CBD, or cannabidiol, which is a natural substance found in cannabis and hemp plants 3. While more research is needed, proponents of CBD oil and other CBD products claim that it can be used to treat a variety of conditions, including chronic pain, inflammation, migraines, epilepsy, autoimmune diseases, depression, stress, and anxiety. Here are the health benefits of CBD products that are backed by science:
- Pain relief: CBD oil has been found to be an effective pain reliever for various chronic conditions5. Studies have shown that CBD, often alongside THC, can help reduce pain associated with conditions like multiple sclerosis and arthritis.CBD may help with pain relief by interacting with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which plays a role in regulating pain, among other things. CBD has been identified to have anti-inflammatory effects, which may help reduce pain caused by inflammation.
- Reduces anxiety: CBD has been studied for its role in treating anxiety disorders, including generalized anxiety disorder, seasonal affective disorder, panic disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder3. The results showed that there was “strong evidence” that CBD can help reduce anxiety.
- Reduced symptoms of mental health disorders CBD may reduce symptoms of mental health disorders such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Studies suggest that CBD holds promise in the treatment of these conditions. CBD is described as a generally safe and well-tolerated pharmacotherapy with limited abuse potential.
- Neuroprotective properties: CBD may prevent neurodegeneration, which is a hallmark of various incurable medical conditions like Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s, and multiple sclerosis6. Additionally, other cannabinoids that are present in full-spectrum CBD products also have similar antioxidant and neuroprotective abilities that may promote general health and wellness6.
- Alleviation of cancer-related symptoms: CBD may alleviate cancer-related symptoms such as pain, nausea, and vomiting. Studies suggest that cannabinoids may ease neuropathic pain and nausea, and THC has been shown to improve poor appetite due to cancer and cancer treatment, while CBD may help manage unpleasant symptoms related to cancer and chemotherapy.
- Heart health: CBD may benefit heart health in several ways, including by reducing blood pressure and improving artery function2.
- Antipsychotic effects: Studies suggest that CBD may help people with schizophrenia and other mental health conditions by reducing symptoms of psychosis2.
- Inflammation management CBD may help manage inflammation by reducing the inflammatory response in the body. Clinical studies have confirmed that CBD reduces the levels of pro-inflammatory cytokines, inhibits T cell proliferation, induces T cell apoptosis, and reduces migration and adhesion of immune cells.
CBD may also interact with the receptors in the brain to reduce the signaling of pain, which can limit how much discomfort you feel even when the root issue remains.
CBD products are increasingly being sought as plant-based alternatives to manage chronic pain and inflammation. However, more research is needed to fully understand the effects of CBD on inflammation management, and it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before using CBD products, especially if you are taking other medications.
- Treatment of various conditions such as chronic pain, migraines, and anxiety
CBD may help treat various conditions such as chronic pain, migraines, and anxiety. Studies suggest that CBD can be an effective treatment option for chronic pain and may lead to a reduction in migraine days and help decrease the impact of migraines. CBD may also have anxiolytic effects and may help reduce symptoms of anxiety disorders.
However, more research is needed to understand the effects of CBD on these conditions fully, and it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before using CBD products, especially if you are taking other medications.
Health Benefits of CBD, and how To Choose The Right CBD Product For Your Needs
Choosing the right CBD product for your needs can be a daunting task. Here are some tips to help you make an informed decision:
- Determine the CBD-to-THC ratio that works best for you
- Start with a low dose and gradually increase it until you achieve the desired effects
- Shop at reputable places and purchase domestically grown products
- Opt for CO2-extracted products
- Consider which product best suits your lifestyle and preferences
Health Benefits of CBD, and what Is The Difference Between High And Low CBD-To-THC Ratios?
It is important to note that CBD products may affect individuals differently, and it is best to consult with a healthcare professional before using them, especially if you are taking other medications. CBD-to-THC ratios refer to the amount of CBD and THC present in a product. A high CBD-to-THC ratio means that there is more CBD than THC in the development, while a low CBD-to-THC ratio means that there is more THC than CBD in the product. The higher the CBD-to-THC ratio, the less of a psychoactive “high” feeling you will experience from the THC. High CBD-to-THC ratios are often recommended for individuals who want to experience the potential health benefits of CBD without the psychoactive effects of THC. It is important to note that the ideal CBD-to-THC ratio may vary depending on the individual’s needs and preferences
Health Benefits of CBD and What Is Full Spectrum CBD
Full-spectrum CBD is a type of CBD that contains all the beneficial compounds naturally found in the cannabis plant, including cannabinoids, terpenes, and flavonoids. These compounds work together to produce what is known as the “entourage effect,” which is believed to enhance the therapeutic benefits of CBD. Full-spectrum CBD products may contain small amounts of THC, but no more than 0.3% according to the certificate of analysis (COA). Full-spectrum CBD products are available in various forms, including edibles, topicals, sublinguals, and pills or capsules. While full-spectrum CBD may provide more benefits than CBD isolate, it may not be suitable for everyone, especially those who have to undergo drug testing.